The deadline to file federal and state taxes is April 18, 2022.
The library carries certain tax forms and instruction booklets each year beginning at the end of January through April. The forms, and how many we carry, are determined by the IRS and State Tax Department. We cannot request additional forms or instruction booklets. You can always access tax information at the websites below. The library will happily print one free copy of any tax form for you. Any additional copies of that form are charged at $0.20 per page.
Federal Forms & Instructions:
Lima Public Library will receive a limited number of 2020 Form 1040 booklets and Instruction 1040 booklets. These will arrive in late January 2021.
The Form 1040 booklet will include an optional alternative for seniors 65+ (Form 1040 SR), as well as the following schedules:
Schedule 1 – Additional Income and Adjustments to Income
Schedule 2 – Additional Taxes
Schedule 3 – Additional Credits and Payments
Request for Change in Language Preference
Ohio Forms & Instructions:
Ohio is not providing tax forms or instructions to public libraries this year. However, Lima Public Library will print one (1) copy of any blank tax form at no cost. Additional copies are 20 cents per page. Please see someone at the ASK HERE desk if you would like a copy of any state tax form.
Instructions for the Ohio tax form can be found online.
- Click on FORMS in the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you see TOP INDIVIDUAL FORMS.
- You will see a box titled IT1040/SD INSTRUCTIONS.
We cannot print free copies of Ohio tax instructions.
- If you would like a copy of the Ohio tax instructions, the cost is $10.40.
- If you would like specific pages of the instructions, a staff member at the ASK HERE desk can help you print the pages you need. Printouts are 20 cents per page.
The state is encouraging people to file their taxes online. To access online filing:
- Go to the department of taxation website at https://tax.ohio.gov
- For individual income taxes, click RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS at the top of the page.
- Next, click ONLINE SERVICES--FILE NOW.
- The next screen has multiple options. Choose the one that is best for your situation and click on it. Follow the instructions that pop up.
The Ohio Department of Taxation will mail a print copy of Ohio tax forms upon request. To request a form, call 1-800-282-1780.
The library cannot assist you in preparing your taxes, though we're happy to help you navigate websites to find the forms you need.