The Lima Public Library is always looking for ways to connect with our community. If you're not able to visit the library frequently, take a look at our outreach service options.
Homebound Delivery Services
Can't make it out of the house regularly, but love getting library materials? Contact us about our homebound delivery service options. We'll drop off items to you once a month and collect them again when we bring a fresh supply. Contact Lora Capps at 419-228-5113 ext. 1 with any questions or to get signed up.
Library Visits/Librarian Visits
Explore your library with a trip to Youth Services, or bring Youth Services to your elementary and middle school, preschool, scout group, youth club or community organization. Contact Youth Services at: 419-228-5113 ext. 3. A trip to the library or a visit from a librarian can be customized to meet the needs of your students, and could include the following:
- Storytime for younger students with stories, songs and finger plays
- Booktalk or Scavenger Hunts for older students
- Library tours
- "How-to-use-the-library" instruction
- Training for teachers or students on using the online catalog and research databases provided by the library
- Displays and answering questions at schools functions (Open House, Book Fair, etc.)
- Sharing information with teachers, caregivers or school groups about new books, early literacy or library services
Outreach On Demand
When you can't visit us for a library event we'll craft a fun and informative program for your group, large or small. You can pick the theme or we can create one for you. We're happy to provide this service on a recurring basis (generally for nursing homes, and retirement communities), or just once for a special meeting of your club or organization. Interested in scheduling an Outreach On Demand session? Contact Sarah Crawford at 419-228-5113 ext. 1.
Pop Up Library
This traveling collection of library items pops up in all sorts of unexpected places giving you the chance to check out an excellent book, sign up for a library card, or ask about our digital services. Would your event or business like to host our pop-up library? Contact Sarah Crawford at 419-228-5113 ext. 1.