The deadline to file federal and state taxes is April 18, 2023.
The library carries certain tax forms and instruction booklets each year beginning at the end of January through April. The forms, and how many we carry, are determined by the IRS and State Tax Department. We cannot request additional forms or instruction booklets. You can always access tax information at the websites below. The library will happily print one free copy of any tax form for you. Any additional copies of that form are charged at $0.20 per page.
IRS/ Federal Tax Forms and Instructions
Ohio Tax Forms and Instructions
City of Lima Tax Forms and Instructions
Federal Forms & Instructions:
Lima Public Library will receive a limited number of 2022 Form 1040 booklets and Instruction 1040 booklets. These will arrive in late January 2023.
Additional Schedules for the Federal tax form are also available. The schedules are the following:
Schedule A – Itemized Deductions
Schedule B: Interest & Ordinary Dividends
Schedule C: Proffit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship)
Schedule C-EZ: Net Profit from Business (Sole Proprietorship)
Schedule D: Capital Gains & Losses
Schedule E: Supplemental Income & Loss
Schedule EIC: Earned Income Credit
Schedule F: Profit or Loss from Farming
Schedule H: Household Employment Taxes
Schedule J: Income Averaging for Farmers & Fishermen
Schedule R: Credit for the Elderly or Disabled
Schedule SE: Self-Employment Tax
Schedule 8812: Credits for Qualifying Children & Other Dependents
Ohio Forms & Instructions:
Ohio is not providing tax forms or instructions to public libraries this year. However, Lima Public Library will print one (1) copy of any blank tax form at no cost. Additional copies are 20 cents per page. Please see someone at the ASK HERE desk if you would like a copy of any state tax form.
Instructions for the Ohio tax form can be found online.
- Click on FORMS in the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you see TOP INDIVIDUAL FORMS.
- You will see a box titled IT1040 TAX RETURN. This will take you to the tax form.
- You will also see a box titled IT1040/SD 100INSTRUCTIONS. This will take you to the instructions for the 1040 and school district tax forms.
We cannot print free copies of Ohio tax instructions.
- If you would like a copy of the Ohio tax instructions, the cost is 20 cents per page.
- If you would like specific pages of the instructions, a staff member at the ASK HERE desk can help you print the pages you need.
The state is encouraging people to file their taxes online. To access online filing:
- Go to the department of taxation website at https://tax.ohio.gov
- For individual income taxes, click RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS at the top of the page.
- Next, click ONLINE SERVICES--FILE NOW.
- The next screen has multiple options. Choose the one that is best for your situation and click on it. Follow the instructions that pop up.
The Ohio Department of Taxation will mail a print copy of Ohio tax forms upon request. To request a form, call 1-800-282-1780.
The library cannot assist you in preparing your taxes, though we're happy to help you navigate websites to find the forms you need.